Games law in Germany
Due to the creativity of gaming-participants, Online Law brings constantly new legal challenges up, which we are more than ready to solve with our specialist attorneys.
The current legal questions around gaming show the rapid development in all aspects of Games Law. Of course, the classic console games still exists, but the trend towards online games or mobile gaming is largely growing and leads to different legal issues that just a couple of years ago were not to contemplate.
At first glance, it does not matter who is responsible for the game and who is the developer: from the start up, to non-professional software developers or software developing studios, up to big production companies or game publishers, the legally solvable tasks are vary and often very different from each other.
Our qualified attorneys for copyright and media law and intellectual property rights know these topics really well. Whether image or film law, producer or development contracts, media support and other financing, we are here to accompany you through the whole path to your success, both nationally and internationally.
Developers, publishers and all other service providers in the market of the games are dependent on the fact that they work together with experienced lawyers with in-depth legal knowledge in media law, IT law, Internet law, data protection law and, of course, intellectual and industrial legal protection.
Our attorneys for copyright and media law are therefore also specialists for intellectual property rights. We advise and represent nationally and internationally in Games Law issues, both for young and established companies and individuals.
We offer support in all of the legal and labor-related matters regarding Game Law, we offer solutions for contracts of all kinds, whether software development contracts, license agreement, GTC, sales contracts, data protection clauses, general legal indications etc.
- Games in general (no matter which Platform/ Environment)
- Browser games (Online-Browser-Games/ Offline-Browser-Games)
- Mobile Games (App-Games/ Mobile games/ Tablet games/general platform games)
- Online-Gaming general
- Client Games
- Legal support for the creation of a business (partnership agreements, AGB, Financing/promotion)
- Legal formulation of al gaming contracts (such as work contracts, freelances contracts, NDA, bans on competition, software development contract, licence contract, distribution agreement contracts, testimonial contracts, Publishing contracts, QA-contract, cooperation agreement, advertising contract, Production contract, Film contract, Foot contract, copyright and utilization agreements)
- Legal detection of commercial property law and their related allocation, enforcement and defence of industrial property rights
- Legal matters of virtual currency and virtual objects
- Trading legal issues with market and digital content of all kinds (image law, film law, data bank law, pre-release)
- Particular copyright and media legal matter regarding online games and mobile games
- Question of age categorization USK o rage categorization´s system in online games and mobile games
- International Payments legal issues
- Legal consultation and representation in the creation and supervision of online games-platforms etc.